[conspire] How not to do antispam, latest in a continuing series

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Feb 21 16:47:57 PST 2015

Not quite as bad as a Challenge-Response (C-R) mailbot, but in that ball
park.  (Folks, if you're going to have your mail software reject mail,
it's best to do it during the incoming SMTP conversation, not after MTA
acceptance and closing of the SMTP socket.  It appears in Ruben's case
that he's running some sort of autoreject bot based on BSD mailx at the
Local Delivery Agent step, after mail acceptance.)

I'm _assuming_ that this is failed antispam.  If it's killfiling, that's
a bit awkward given that it appears to be rejection of mail arriving
from one of my mailing lists to which Ruben subcribed -- probably this
mailing list.  (Killfiling the listadmin is usually a bad idea.)

----- Forwarded message from Ruben Safir <ruben at mrbrklyn.com> -----