[conspire] The coolness that is SCALE

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 17 01:33:35 PST 2015

Starting Thursday and running through Sunday, I'll be attending the
annual Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo (SCALE), held (as before) at the
Los Angeles Airport ('LAX') Hilton.  The many of you who are blowing it
off (not including distant folks like our friend in Brooklyn), you're
making a big mistake.

Total conference fees:  $35.  That covers all four days.  (This is with
discount code 'NOCAL', reducing the fees by half from the full $70 rate.)

That's right:  Big spenders blow $70; mere mortals $35.

Yes, you do also need somewhere to stay, but there are cheaper places
like motels within walking distance of the LAX Hilton.

Conference registration is still open.  If you're wavering, get a load
of the schedule:  https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/schedule

If someone merely needs a way to get down there, Deirdre and I do have
_potentially_ room for one more in the PT Cruiser, so you're welcome to
write me offlist and ask.  (No, crash space in our hotel room is not
offered.)

We will drive down Wednesday and back on Sunday.