[conspire] Amateur Radio Weekend

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Fri Jun 20 23:11:12 PDT 2014

(Somehow the previous email went out while I was still typing...)

The 4th weekend of every year is a nationwide amateur radio emergency communications exercise called Field Day.  Here is a link to article in local news paper.

http://www.losaltosonline.com/news/sections/community/179-social-scenes/47683-ham-radio-operators-gather-for-field-day

Actually we will be there Friday afternoon before putting equipment together.  Standing up a 40 ft tower is a bit more interesting than spreading out LAN cables.

All of Conspire people are welcome to stop by.  Part of the set-up is "GOTA"  Get-On-The-Air. Non-licensed people can transmit under the supervision a licensed operator.

The location is very close to the entrance to Rancho San Antonio Park not far from 85 and 280.  Signs with the club call sign, K6YA, should be posted.

You can find a map by going to:

http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator
Enter K6YA for call sign.

The same site shows many other groups all over the country, even Brooklyn!