[conspire] Free Color Printer Minolta 2300DL (has linux drivers)

Peter Knaggs peter.knaggs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 11:01:09 PST 2014

Hi All,

If anyone would like a free Minolta 2300DL color printer,
you're welcome to come pick it up at my place, or I could
drop it off if you are nearby Redwood Shores.

At the moment it occasionally prints a little further down
on the page than it should, due to the "sticky solenoid"
trouble, but at least it's an easy repair which I've done
before (it involved a pretty time-consuming disassembly job
to get to the trouble solenoid, as it's "deep inside", but
at least it's straightforward).

The description is here, so you know what to expect
if you do need to do the repair:

http://www.penlug.org/foswiki/bin/view/Main/LinuxHardwareInfoMinoltaMagicolor2300DL

Other than that, all works fine, and it has still lots
of toner and none of the components is worn out, and it
has an additional 256MB memory so it doesn't reject large
files.

Cheers,
Peter.