[conspire] Wondering about the "parallela" Ubuntu board

Ross Bernheim rossbernheim at speakeasy.net
Sat Apr 12 14:31:52 PDT 2014

Rick,

The Raspberry Pi was designed to do a specific job. Unnecessary things were cut. It was not designed as a general purpose computer with a lot of peripherals attached to the USB ports. A powered USB hub is needed to handle peripherals. Get a hub with 3 to 4 Amps capability. I’ve had good luck with a 7 port hub from plug able.