[conspire] Fwd: wheezy is OUT. tonight.

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Thu May 9 11:33:25 PDT 2013

I installed Wheezy a couple months ago.

After getting it mostly configured, I edited sources.list to replace Wheezy with testing.

Last week, I went through the process of refreshing my system. I was prompted to insert the Wheezy install CD. I don't recall this prompt before.  Was this is an artifact of the new Debian release?

Should I re-visit sources.list and remove the first lines that name the original install CD?

My preference for updating my system is to use aptitude.  (I can never remember when to use apt-get and when to use dpkg.)
  `aptitude update;  aptitude safe-upgrade`

Is this an appropriate way to keep the system current?

And yes a FAQ would be a "good thing."