[conspire] Moving to the area

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Fri Mar 15 13:17:40 PDT 2013

also BALUG (once a month, topical presentation), BUUG (Berkeley, hang
out at a french coffeeshop IIRC), EBLUG (Fremont, never been to it),
Noisebridge (chaos)...

see Rick's Bay Area Linux Events page: http://linuxmafia.com/bale/

We don't thank Rick enough for maintaining that, by the way.  Thanks, Rick!

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Mark Weisler
<mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us> wrote:
> On 3/14/13 5:09 PM, Robert Keizer wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Very brief bit about myself for context: I'm an avid unix user. I'm a
>> Systems Administrator by title. I'm the President of MUUG ( Manitoba Unix
>> Users Group ). I live in Winnipeg.
>>
>> I'm going to be moving to the bay area this coming fall - my fiance has been
>> accepted to Stanford.
>>
>> I'm planning a trip this coming week ( March 17-23 ) to the area to
>> familiarize myself and make some contacts in the local unix world before the
>> move.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions as to sights or people I should see or
>> contact? So far I've got:
>>
>>  * The Computer History Museum
>>  * CABAL on the 23rd
>>
>> Related -  I would love to have coffee/beers with anyone, so long as they
>> can put up with me asking what I'm sure will end up being obvious questions.
>>
>> All the best,
>> Robert Keizer

> Hello Robert,
> You will probably want to know about Bay LISA for Unix activities.
> http://www.baylisa.org/
> Looks like there will be a BayLISA meeting while you are here.
>
> ...and watch Rick's BALE list...
> http://linuxmafia.com/bale/
>
> Wishing you an interesting week of exploring and getting acquainted.
>
> --
> Mark Weisler
> PGP Key ID 68E462B6
> PGP Key fingerprint  87D5 A77B FC47 3CC3 DFF0  586D 23FF F8B4 68E4 62B6

Best Regards.
This is unedited.