[conspire] Moving to the area

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Fri Mar 15 10:20:46 PDT 2013

On 3/14/13 5:09 PM, Robert Keizer wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Very brief bit about myself for context: I'm an avid unix user. I'm a
> Systems Administrator by title. I'm the President of MUUG ( Manitoba Unix
> Users Group ). I live in Winnipeg.
>
> I'm going to be moving to the bay area this coming fall - my fiance has been
> accepted to Stanford.
>
> I'm planning a trip this coming week ( March 17-23 ) to the area to
> familiarize myself and make some contacts in the local unix world before the
> move.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to sights or people I should see or
> contact? So far I've got:
>
>  * The Computer History Museum
>  * CABAL on the 23rd
>
> Related -  I would love to have coffee/beers with anyone, so long as they
> can put up with me asking what I'm sure will end up being obvious questions.
>
> All the best,
> Robert Keizer

Hello Robert,
You will probably want to know about Bay LISA for Unix activities.
http://www.baylisa.org/
Looks like there will be a BayLISA meeting while you are here.

...and watch Rick's BALE list...
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/

Wishing you an interesting week of exploring and getting acquainted.

--
Mark Weisler
PGP Key ID 68E462B6