[conspire] running without a DE- ancilliary tools? [was Re: (forw) Re: InstallFest on Apr. 13th]

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Tue Apr 16 22:29:12 PDT 2013

oops.  that was poorly truncated.  I meant:

A good day to be grumpy.  Formerly very reliable and open speakeasy
has aparently mergered with covad et al to become megapath, with an
opaque and monolithic website, requiring all kinds of authentication
before any information is imparted, and connection was down all day,
and I had to fart around with iptables and netcat and DNS to get email
rerouted.  New connection from Etheric Networks seems really good so
far though.  5 GHz dish on the roof, 15 Mbps symmetric with 6 Mbps
SLA.

We probably shouldn't discuss "guilt tripping", though I certainly do
apologize for coming across as such.  I'd certainly appreciate a
little less presumption of intent.

--
Best Regards.
This is unedited.