[conspire] (forw) Re: InstallFest on Apr. 13th

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Mon Apr 15 10:11:05 PDT 2013

Ronald,

One feature of Linux is that it can be configured in an unlimited number of ways which is both a source of confusion for people first encountering choices in how their computer works and a topic of conversation for more experienced Linux users.  Some people like lots of graphic features; some people like lean and mean.

If you look at the http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2013-March/thread.html#start you will find a long thread titled, "What Desktop Environment do you prefer?"

My suggestion is to start with a test drive of a few live CD's from Rick's collection.

The "right answer" is "what works for you."

Paul