[conspire] Fw: Sixty Years of Lafayette Radio

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 4 13:54:38 PDT 2013

Quoting Ross Bernheim (rossbernheim at speakeasy.net):

> Lafayette Radio went out of business in the '90s. There was a
> Lafayette radio store on 9th Street in San Francisco for many years.
> My father worked there for a number of years. The owner sold it to the
> Lafayette franchise owner in Sacramento who moved the store to Market
> street. I worked there for a couple of years. The new owner also had a
> store in Berkeley as well as several in the Sacramento area.

It's been such a long time.  I _might_ have been aware of those retail
outlets, but definitely never visited the, and never went into one of
their stores until I was in New Jersey in the late 1970s -- when they
were already a sad remnant.

I hear many tales of their earlier history when they were a fine and
pioneering outfit.