[conspire] DNS zonefile SOA detals, and addressing the public

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 2 12:54:18 PDT 2013

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> Which is the tutorial I was pouring over... actually, it has been around
> fore a long time, if I recall.

That book looks proetty good, though I've not read it in detail.

I actually mostly learned by doing (and by studying and adapting Richard
Couture's example BIND files, which produced the files I now publish for
the same purpose).  Although I have a copy of Cricket Liu's book _DNS
and BIND_, I found it in general shockingly useless, almost as useless
as the bat book about Sendmail.

> You didn't want me to be secondary?  I thought that was the deal.

Very nice of you to offer, seriously.  However, I already have five
authoritative servers for my two domains, linuxmafia.com and
unixmercenary.net .  So, I'll pass on the kind offer at this point.
(The RFC recommendation is minimum 3, maximum 7 per domain.)