[conspire] What happened to Mark Pilgrim?

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue Oct 9 19:11:12 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012, at 07:02 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Mark Pilgrim's almost certainly perfectly fine.  However, he
> deliberately nuked his extensive Internet presence.  He posted
> an astonishingly useful, informative, cleanly designed, stylish,
> intelligent blog (about software and the Web, with a great deal
> about open source) from 2002 to 2011, at diveintomark.org.
>
> In late 2011, he not only discontinued his online writings but
> obliterated them -- much as Ruby author whytheluckystiff did earlier.
>
> More, for anyone else interested:
>
> http://www.hanselman.com/blog/410GoneThoughtsOnMarkDiveintomarkPilgrimsAndWhysInfosuicides.aspx

I hadn't known that, and I'm incredibly sad I didn't. Why the Lucky
Stiff's absence really hurt. [1]

The Poignant Guide was fortunately mirrored:

http://mislav.uniqpath.com/poignant-guide/

Deirdre

[1] I'd first seen infosuicide with people who were a part of
anon.penet.fi whose hands were forced by Scientology's actions against
Tom Rummelhart. See: http://www.lermanet.com/dangarvin/