[conspire] error debugging

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Sun Oct 7 07:36:00 PDT 2012

Um... I wasn't the one who said [1]

Regardless, if you are going to run bleeding
edge linux distros that require graphics accel[2]
it behooves you to get hardware that supports
robust graphics accel.  I've had issues with Unity
and Gnome3 on AMD E-350 (case branded as
"AMD Vision") and have only just started working
with AMD E-450 (also case branded as "AMD Vision")
and the problems went away when I switched to
less aggressively Mac-UI-following environments
(XFCE4 and Mate have worked well without weirdo
binary-blob).  I don't do anything that requires
hardware accel so I just avoid the issues and avoid
distros that shove these issues in my face.
I want lots of pixels on my screen but don't
particularly need them to wobble or zoom.

BTW, I've been quite happy with the E-350-
based Zotac AD02 Plus boxen under Gnome2-
we have about 40 deployed on user desktops.
They are easy to deploy or swap out, they are
pretty fast and consume lettle power.  They can
be mounted to a vertical or horizontal surface
or even on the back of a monitor.  But no
wobble and zoom.  Awww.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Ruben Safir <ruben at mrbrklyn.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 05:33:32PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
[1]
>> Quoting Tony Godshall (togo at of.net):

> See - that is the reading between the lines skills.  I figured that the
> video installation problem was directly related to gthumbs crashing.

[2]
> Darn if I know who to get openGl to work.  This is the lap top with a A$
> Vision AMD chip.  I see no SaX anymore and the last X11 Config file I
> manually hacked was in 2002, and I expect that this pharmacist will
> continue to not hand edit it.
>
> maybe there is a demode I need run as well.
>
> :(

Best Regards.
This is unedited.