[conspire] error debugging

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Oct 5 07:33:26 PDT 2012

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> Yeah - I read something to that aafect including recompiling dozens of
> applications and libraries from scratch.  This is more than a bug.  Its
> a complete screw up.
>
> What is clutter?

I had no idea until sixty seconds ago, when I burrowed through gthumb's
build dependencies, deciding 'clutter' is not an easily searchable
software name on account of massive overloading (and, um, clutter),
stumbled upon related software name 'clutter-gtk', Web-searched that,
and so indirectly found the correct 'clutter' pages that way.  Here they
are:

https://clutter-project.org/

  Clutter is an open source (LGPL 2.1) software library for creating
  fast, compelling, portable, and dynamic graphical user interfaces. It is
  a core part of GNOME, MeeGo, and is supported by the open source
  community.

  Clutter uses OpenGL for rendering (and optionally OpenGL|ES for use on
  mobile and embedded platforms), but wraps an easy to use, efficient,
  flexible API around GL's complexity.

  Clutter enforces no particular user interface style, but provides a
  rich, generic foundation for higher-level toolkits tailored to specific
  needs.

I mentioned search tactics because they're really one of the core skills
of the Internet age, nei?