[conspire] error debugging

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Oct 5 07:33:26 PDT 2012

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> Yeah - I read something to that aafect including recompiling dozens of
> applications and libraries from scratch.  This is more than a bug.  Its
> a complete screw up.
> What is clutter?

I had no idea until sixty seconds ago, when I burrowed through gthumb's
build dependencies, deciding 'clutter' is not an easily searchable
software name on account of massive overloading (and, um, clutter),
stumbled upon related software name 'clutter-gtk', Web-searched that,
and so indirectly found the correct 'clutter' pages that way.  Here they

  Clutter is an open source (LGPL 2.1) software library for creating
  fast, compelling, portable, and dynamic graphical user interfaces. It is
  a core part of GNOME, MeeGo, and is supported by the open source

  Clutter uses OpenGL for rendering (and optionally OpenGL|ES for use on
  mobile and embedded platforms), but wraps an easy to use, efficient,
  flexible API around GL's complexity.

  Clutter enforces no particular user interface style, but provides a
  rich, generic foundation for higher-level toolkits tailored to specific

I mentioned search tactics because they're really one of the core skills
of the Internet age, nei?