[conspire] error debugging

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 4 20:25:47 PDT 2012

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> Before I put this on the suse site, i figured I'll try here first.
>
> When I run gthumb I'm getting this error message
>
> failed to create drawable  ** (gthumb:1899): CRITICAL **: Failed to
> parse arguments: Unable to select the newly created GLX context

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=997796 suggests:

  Unfortunately, this happens with all clutter-based applications
  (caribou, cheese, gnibbles, gnome-documents, sushi, quadrapassel, totem)
  on systems that no have hardware acceleration, and use software
  rasterizer.

  Solutions, what I know:

  1. Install the appropriate DRI driver, if available.
  2. Rebuild packages without clutter, if possible.
  3. Look for alternatives.

> one more quick.  On booting I'm getting a wrong command line in the suse
> startup with grub which sets video to vesa.  I'd like to change that
> default.

You have my permission.  ;->

Maybe you want to edit GRUB's grub.cfg file or whatever OpenSUSE calls
it.