[conspire] Receiving larger files from non-linux users?

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Thu Oct 4 11:00:14 PDT 2012

+1

One of these days when I have time, I think I want to find
or write a web-browser-based sftp/scp front end so this
solution can even work with people who don't have and
can't install an sftp client on their machines.  If web browser
javascript is now powerful enough to write games and decode
PDF, it should be powerful enough to fetch a binary from
sftp.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> I wrote:
>
>> If I'm working with a group of software developers, system
>> administrators, or even very modestly technical Linux users -- where
>> they're a limited number of people I know fairly well -- I can solve
>> the problem easily:  Give them shell accounts[1] on a Linux server
>> running a Web daemon.
>
> [1] That can be a restricted shell, of which there are a variety of
> canned solutions for such purposes.

Best Regards.
This is unedited.