[conspire] Receiving larger files from non-linux users?

Carl Myers cmyers at cmyers.org
Mon Oct 1 07:26:03 PDT 2012

If I have the static IP and a linux machine behind it, with appropriate free
space, it is pretty trivial to use SCP.  Pretty much every linux machine runs
the open ssh daemon by default, so if you give them a guest account and set up
file permissions properly, then can copy the files right over using an interface
very similar to FTP.

Windows SCP client: http://winscp.net/eng/index.php
(putty also works I believe)

Mac has ssh built into the terminal, but there is also a GUI equivalent:
http://cyberduck.ch/

I haven't use the mac one, only winSCP, but I find it to be "what people who
want a GUI are looking for" *shudder*

Hope that helps!
-Carl