[conspire] No Copyright Intended

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Fri Nov 23 01:33:29 PST 2012

Rick Moen:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
> > Mr Maloney prohibits copyright, so that is a major plus.
> Magical how the anonymous person can nullify copyright, isn't it?

Some are beginning to argue that widespread cultural cluelessness about
copyright may drive future goals for the system:

http://waxy.org/2011/12/no_copyright_intended/
> These "no copyright infringement intended" messages are everywhere on
> YouTube, and about as effective as a drug dealer asking if you're a
> cop. It's like a little voodoo charm that people post on their videos
> to ward off evil spirits.
[...]
> What happens when — and this is inevitable — a generation completely
> comfortable with remix culture becomes a *majority* of the electorate,
> instead of the fringe youth? What happens when they start getting
> elected to office? (Maybe "I downloaded but didn't share" will be the
> new "I smoked, but didn't inhale.")

Mentioned in the comments is this older David Pogue piece:
http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/20/the-generational-divide-in-copyright-morality/

--
How do you get mailings?... from the lists
1. suspects