[conspire] Gabriella Coleman book release event, Friday Nov 16 in SF, 7pm

Mike Higashi mhigashi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:40:29 PST 2012

Some of you may remember Gabriella (or 'Biella') Coleman [1] from
when she stayed in San Francisco while conducting research for her
Ph.D. dissertation in cultural anthropology.  (The topic of her work
was the culture of open source projects.)

Biella is coming to San Francisco for a American Anthropological
Association conference, and will be making a visit to Noisebridge [2]
(a hacker space) on Friday the 16th at 7 pm to commemorate the
launch of her new book, Coding Freedom: The Ethics and Aesthetics
of Hacking (Princeton University Press). [3]

Noisebridge is located at 2169 Mission Street (near the corner of
18th Street), on the third floor. [4]

If I can get all I need together in time, I think I'll use the Noisebridge
kitchen to make some hot chocolate, and perhaps some cornbread,
for her visit.

[1] About Biella:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriella_Coleman

[2] Coding Freedom:   http://press.princeton.edu/titles/9883.html

[3] Noisebridge:   https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge