[conspire] Good coverage of the common technical issue regarding GRUB2 , but...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed May 9 11:31:48 PDT 2012

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> I suspect I actually encountered the won't write the first 500 bits of
> data problem in grub 1.99 ;

You still aren't listening, Bruce.

If you wish to send a meaningful technical report, you must include
diagnostic _data_  -- data gathered in real time, jotted down, and then
posted in chronological order.  Posting offhand speculation about the
root cause of whatever your problems is, _that_ is not diagnostic data.

You keep doing that, and not getting help.  Clue:  That behaviour causes
the undesired outcome described, as an immediate and logical result.
Over and over.

>  I suppose the other bug , you covered it very well

The fact that I was reduced to speculation about what the hell problem
you are trying to solve, _that alone_ should demonstrate to you just how
asstastic your technical report was, and now still is.  It's not making
things a whole lot better for you to tell me I did an excellent job
detailing the problem I guessed you had, but that my guess was wrong.

Hell, you are not currently even bothering to tell us whether you're
trying to boot from GRUB2 in a filesystem or (as I recommended) in the MBR.
Nor do you provide the Debian bug URL, nor do you bother to quote any
diagnostic output you received.  Not even one word of that output.  Do
you _enjoy_ getting no help?  If this just performance art?

And I don't believe there's anything about 'the first 500 bits of data'.
Perhaps 512 bytes -- but I'm wasting my time attempting to guess what
the hell problem you're talking about, and it's time to quit wasting it.