[conspire] kernel crash reported // for wifi ?

Ken Bernard kenbernard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 07:00:25 PDT 2012

Quoting Rick M.:

This will probably catch it:
lspci | grep -i wireless

The above takes the rather verbose full output of the 'lspci' utility --
which asks the PCI controller chip 'Please dump to console a listing of
information about all the PCI devices you know about' -- and winnows out
to display only any line that includes the word 'wireless' in any
lettercase (the '-i' switch meaning 'case-insensitive', you see).

Thanks Rick - I knew this morning that sudo Lspci | grep ...
where ... should get the output wanted if I could find a way to indicate
wireless device in the grep parse/search. As it turns out I needed to
filter on Ethernet instead of wireless for the command to return any info.

Ethernet device info requested by Daniel G.:

[kbernard at centos6-thinkpad-t61 ~]$ lspci | grep -i ethernet
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566MM Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 03)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5212 802.11abg
NIC (rev 01)

Thanks,
Ken