[conspire] CABAL day coming up (Saturday); interest in a Sykes Hot Springs visit?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Feb 23 17:07:04 PST 2012

Quoting Margaret Wendall (mwendall at gmail.com):

> I plan to be at the CABAL meeting on 2/25, hopefully with Kelley.
>
> I have a potato and leek soupmix that is gluten free and could be dairy
> free also if the milk were added by the user (not the cook). Are you
> intrested?

Sure.  (I do eat dairy foods.  I just live with the fact that I react a
bit, afterwards.)

> I've been several times to the hot springs in Gilroy. I helped to have
> family that's been in the Valley since to early 1920's, when this kind of
> thing was more common. I doubt I'd be a very good hiker now, but I have
> hope that my hip and back can be repaired - all caused by oncologist asking
> about why I was limping. Strange.

You might really enjoy Mercey Hot Springs (I-5 to the near edge of
Fresno County, exit west on Little Panoche Road/Shields Ave., go 13
miles to the road's end).  It's well kept, and zero hiking is required
to reach the facilities.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/mercey-hot-springs-firebaugh