[conspire] fyi: Understanding the bin, sbin, usr/bin , usr/sbin split

Sean sean.channel at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 2 14:43:54 PST 2012

On 02/02/2012 02:29 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> /opt ?

[cough.. choke..] Baahh!! /opt is because of Sun wanting to sell
large developer packages separate from their already amalgamated
OS. Sure.. we're all better off because of Sun, but /opt just
annoys me to this day.... even though I still use it for various
reasons... and I also use /usr/local... sparingly.

...but I stand by my opinions, darnit!! :)

Dichotomy rules.
_S