[conspire] Fwd: Re: [NYLXS - HANGOUT] what the fuck is this

Ruben ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sun Dec 23 10:42:50 PST 2012

On 12/23/2012 01:33 PM, Ruben wrote:
> http://projects.gnome.org/tracker/
>
> it seems to be in thunderbird
http://blogs.gnome.org/abustany/

    An example – the email case

Tracker has been indexing your emails if you’re using Evolution for some
time now, and my work on Thunderbird has recently been merged
<http://blogs.gnome.org/mr/2011/07/28/tracker-extensions-for-firefox-thunderbird/>,
Needle, the Tracker search tool has supported email searching for some
time now too. However, we’re still unable to actually do anything useful
with an email result, since there is no standard mechanism to associate
an action with those resources.

If you are trying the Thunderbird plugin, there is actually something
you can do (but I don’t know if it works with the evolution miner too):

Create a thunderbird.desktop file (or alter the existing one) and make
sure those two lines are inside:

Exec=thunderbird -mail %u
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/imap-message

This works because the emails are stored in Tracker with the URL scheme
imap-message:// that Thunderbird understand directly. I have no idea how
standard this is, but eh, it’s quite convenient :)