[conspire] upgrade from 10.04 LTS to 12.04 LTS ?

=JeffH Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Thu Dec 6 10:06:49 PST 2012

Hi,

Does anyone have any pointers, war stories, gotchas, etc to share regarding
upgrading 10.04 LTS to 12.04 LTS ?

I note there's a passel of blog and forum posts regarding it (eg [1]), but
thought I'd also ask here.

I hear tell that the new "unity" desktop sorta messes things up for those who
depend on Gnome's v3 user experience, but that there's (now?) a "Gnome Classic"
setting?

Hm, it seems there might be some issues with the 64-bit nvidia driver (working
with 12.04.1) for my dell E6500 with Quadro NVS 160M, anyone have any experience
sorting that out? (tho there's hints that it is perhaps a non-issue [2])

thanks,

=JeffH

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=12251083&postcount=7

[2]