[conspire] The practice of making ext4 a default needs to die an excruciating and gruesome death

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Aug 13 16:29:38 PDT 2012

Quoting Tony Godshall (togo at of.net):

> Thank you.
>
> And what would you use for file-sharing to
> your Linux or $OTHER_FAVOURITE_IX boxen?

That depends on context and security model.

In the context of my fully-exposed Internet server, which is where my
primary computing is:  None of the above.[1]

There are some options for remote filesystem access over ssh, including
one I remember was in use in latter days at VA Linux Systems on the
gateway hosts -- predictably slow, but usable.  There may be other
feasible options, but I've not lately needed to research them.

[1] I like to keep my personal computing within a simple security model
that includes never trusting the network.