[conspire] who knew ssd hybrid drives have better drop-fail performance?

Ross Bernheim rossbernheim at speakeasy.net
Thu Aug 9 19:28:11 PDT 2012

Tony,

Be aware that the 500GB version of the Momentus XT has gotten some less than great reviews due to
the caching algorithms. The 750GB version on the other hand gets very good reviews. I got one of the
750GB versions for my Mac Mini. Quite an improvement for boot times and other commonly used files.

I liked it so much that I got another for my laptop. Doesn't boot as quickly but still a lot quicker than before.

Ross