[conspire] (forw) Re: Burning Tools

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Apr 15 11:45:31 PDT 2012

Passing along, Reese.  Daniel tends to know whereof he speaks.  What he's
probably implying is that ImgBurn is a no-hassle, reliable binary Win32
application that he finds useful and likeable enough that he even uses
it on Linux under the most-used software subsystem for running Win32
programs on x86 Linux ('WINE').

Daniel's reference to 'Schilyware' refers to the fact that both of the
completely open-source options for MS-Windows cited are people's graphical
front-ends to Joerg Schilling's cdrkit.  Schilling has managed to annoy
broad stretches of the Unix community through a number of peculiar and
vexing things he did over the years with his code, its licensing, and
his relations with everyone else -- to the point where most Unixes coder
communities wrote their own replacements for cdrkit, so as to no longer
need deal with those annoyances.

----- Forwarded message from Daniel Gimpelevich <daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us> -----