[conspire] Heathkit returns

Margaret Wendall mwendall at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 21:48:19 PDT 2011

Hi!

My husband built a Heath Kit SW receiver and we listened each weekend to
world news and culture for many years. I now have a Grundig portable and
listen now and then to what's going on where my homegrown stations won't
report.

But that's not all! In the 1960s a group of my Dad's friends built acoustic
speaker cabinets out of 4' x 8' sheets of plywood and inexpensive Heath
speakers. For the money they couldn't be beat, and I wish I'd inherited a
pair instead of just one.

If the product catalog is remotely as complete as the old ones were, a
restart of Heath ought to be a boon to a new generation of hobbyists. I hope
so.

Margaret Wendall
--
Margaret Wendall