[conspire] (forw) Re: Can OSI specify that public domain is open source?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 8 14:23:31 PDT 2011

Chad is a partisan of 'copyfree' licensing, aka ultri-permissive
licensing for non-software content (yet another obscure neologism;
yippee).  He posts to OSI's licence-discuss mailing list, and somehow
suckered me into a side-discussion in e-mail about his beef with people
like me (who dislike licence proliferation, especially of pointless and
badly written permissive licences) and my beef with people like him (who
write such licences, such as Chad's Very Own, which is called Open Works
License).