[conspire] Laptop_Mode_tools in Lubuntu?

jose tav j_tav at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 18:03:43 PDT 2011

I am trying to get more time usage out of my laptop battery. I used to get 2.5 hours out of it, but now ... 1.5 hours at best. I installed Lubuntu on a 32GB flash drive, (I like Lubuntu), It seems the internal HD is always spinning, I would like to have it off while running from the USB flash drive.

Last night I installed the free 'granola' it seems to be helping but not by much. Then hear about the 'Laptop_Mode_tools' <a href="http://samwel.tk/laptop_mode/packages/ubuntu"> found here </a>. I tried unsuccesfully to find 'ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE= '. I did try grep (grep -o ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE=) to find it, please tell me what is the correct way to run that command. I want to check the setting, if Ubuntu Natty even better Lubuntu has it, if so, what the setting is.
 I don't think I should have both at the same time. I am afraid to created some conflicts between them. Your feedbach is highly appreciated.
Look forward to see you guys this weekend if cabal is on.