[conspire] (forw) [MaraDNS list] Why I won't use Flattr or another similar scheme

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Nov 11 06:31:52 PST 2011

begin Tony Godshall quotation of Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:00:21AM -0800:

> Nobody owes you updates or features for free.  It's open
> source: scratch your own itch or pay someone to do it for
> you.

The second part is the hard one.  There have been
a lot of proposed market mechanisms to connect free
software projects and users.  I have a list here.

  http://zgp.org/~dmarti/software/development-market/

It would be fun to see a bug tracker/prediction
market, where you could trade on the likelihood of
a bug being fixed.  Bug fixers could make money by
closing bugs on which they owned the "closed" side
of the contract.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/