[conspire] wtf ? sonic

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sat May 28 11:52:23 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 11:32 -0700, Tim Utschig wrote:
> Unfortunately Raw Bandwidth doesn't currently have a presence in
> the CO which serves the home my family and I will be moving into,
> so ADSL2+ from Raw Bandwidth isn't an option for us.  Others may
> have better luck.

Yes, their presence in CO's outside the peninsula is relatively
scattered, and Mike Durkin told me last year that their ADSL2+ offering,
when rolled out, would initially only serve parts of the peninsula, to
be expanded later, and he recommended Sonic.net for any ADSL2+ service
in San Francisco in the meantime. I do not know how things may have
changed in the meantime, but I would expect them to be more favorable to
at least _somebody_ now, which is why I am so eagerly awaiting Rick's
conversation with him.