[conspire] Coffee

Tony Godshall tony at of.net
Sun May 22 09:59:25 PDT 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 16:17, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>> Quoting Dire Red (deirdre at deirdre.net):
>>
>>> Yes, we got the same one you brought that one day. It's marvelous.
>>
>> You actually were rather pleased when you saw it in our kitchen and
>> pointed it out to Clement.  We thanked you for the recommendation.
>> (It's a Capresso 560.)
>
> The memory is the first thing to go. ^_^
>
> Did I tell you to buy coffee from Barefoot Coffee Roasters? It's
> available at Whole Foods. The Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is the best coffee
> I ever had.

What's kind of fun is to buy the green beans (e.g. from sweetmarias.com
in emeryville) and roast them yourself.  And quality coffee is way cheaper
that way.  Tastes do vary, of course- I personally don't see the attraction
of the African coffees- I mix sumatra, mexican, and kona myself.  Sumatra
for robust flavor, mexican or central american for an acidic bite, and kona
for lasting warmth.

Tony