[conspire] Linux distributions, and variations thereon

Tony Godshall tony at of.net
Mon May 9 17:35:35 PDT 2011

> Configuring Xinerama is a small pain, especially now that the X.org /
> freedesktop.org people have gone all 'Oh, you don't need an
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.  Don't worry; be happy', such that you don't
> have an example to work from.  ...

For future reference- this generates an xorg.conf for you to tweak:

# X -configure

I often follow that with

# mv /root/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
# X -probeonly
# man xorg.conf | perl -pe 's{^}{#}' >> /etc/X11/xorg.conf

But actually I vaguely remember that X -probeonly did something odd
last time I was needing to tweak video...

Tony