[conspire] conspire Digest, Vol 93, Issue 24

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 25 17:46:26 PDT 2011

Quoting kw6 at xmission.com (kw6 at xmission.com):

> You are making several mistakes.

No, really, _you_ are.

Actually, this is the only significant bit, so please pay attention:
I wasn't talking about _you_ personally.  I was mocking what you posted.

Let's keep things simple and clear for a moment:  Ponder the above,
and learn the distinction between criticism of something dumb you hurled
onto a community's mailing list and a characterisation of _you personally_.
Having been born in California, I know that that is a difficult
distinction for autocthons of the state that gave us the Human Potential
Movement, but you can grasp it if you think about it for a moment.

Bearing that in mind, I hope you will also understand that, therefore,
it doesn't make a goddamned bit of difference if you turn out to be
Vinton Cerf, the ghost of Richard Stevens, Kirk McKusick, and all of
Bolt, Beranek, and Newman all rolled up into a single personage of
awesome antiquity who once implemented the entire seven-layer burrito on
tin cans and strings, back when Fortran was only Threetran.

Now, I'm going to do you the favour of ignoring you, before I'm tempted
to throw you the hell out.

> You have been arguing in opposition to my rights to the data
[blah blah]

You're wrong, you didn't bother to pay _any_ attention, and now you're
being a total jackass in public.  Have a nice day.

And fix your damned fullname field already, Mr. ARPAnet.