[conspire] Router 4 Linux !!

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Sat Mar 12 20:15:15 PST 2011

Early I had illusions that I would be attending the Cabal tonight.  Obviously I didn't make it.

The first events in a very long day was that I getting up at dawn to go to the first Electronics Flea Mmarket of the season www.electronicsfleamarket.com

One of my new "treasures" is a Linksys WRT-54G.  I took a chance based on it being old enough that the antennas are removable and it had some accumulation of dust.  Serial number begins with CDFD1.  According to one web-site that makes it in the last of the original design that was Linux compatible before there was an "L" model.

So I am looking for advise on how to properly program it.  Numerous web-sites make it sound very easy, and even explain how recover from a "brick". ;-}