[conspire] (forw) June 25 MP installfest upgrade RH 7.3 PC to Centos56 continuation

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 29 23:45:34 PDT 2011

----- Forwarded message from wood eddie <ewood111 at yahoo.com> -----

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 23:13:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: wood eddie <ewood111 at yahoo.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: June 25 MP installfest upgrade RH 7.3 PC to Centos56 continuation

Hi Rick:

Thanks for reply. Now I am changing my PC hardware. Today bought adaptec 2940 SCSI card, memory upgrade 512MB to 2 GB[1 GB PC2700 + 1 GB PC3200 memory].  Installed these 2 to computer. When system boots, mother board BIOS shows 2097152K, which means memory upgrade OK ? Next, boot CD ROM using RH 7.3, to verify SCSI card, and 2 disks visible prior to Centos [need get DVD reader] upgrade.  When boot up RH 7.3 [which worked fine previously using Buslogic Flashpoint SCSI] now with 2940 SCSI, receives message "Loading aic7xx driver" and computer is hung. Even Alt-ctrl-del does not do anything. Could this be memory, should I go back to previous ?  Take RH 7.3 install CD out of CDROM, and system boots up with "Boot disk failure, insert system disk and press Enter". Suggestions ?

Thx, Eddie