[conspire] Cabal

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Fri Jun 24 08:44:16 PDT 2011

This being the 4th Saturday coming up, I expect that Rick has something interesting planned.

I will not attend due to an annual conflict with another event that is always the 4th weekend of June: Amateur Radio Field Day, a nationwide emergency communications drill.  This has been an annual event long before Al Gore invented the Internet and even before DARPA thought about linking computers.

The idea is to put up a temporary radio station and make contacts with as many other such stations as possible.  The event is all weekend including all night Saturday.

You are most welcome to stop buy before or after Cabal.  More details at:
https://www.fars.k6ya.org/events/fieldday

Paul