[conspire] ISP

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Jun 17 12:12:24 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 11:06 -0700, Tony Godshall wrote:
> "Exactly the same deal?"  Well, I think sonic.net fusion includes a
> voice line...
>
> Re rates, begin quote:
>
> All standalone ADSL2+, no phone service necessary:
>
> Single line, dynamic IP
> up to 3M/512K      $29.95/mo
> up to 12M/1Mbps    $39.95/mo
> up to 20M/1.5Mbps  $49.95/mo

Fusion _now_ includes a voice line, which used to be optional, but they
no longer offer the service without it. Last year, they did. Also, they
don't cap speeds/syncrates, which is why they have only one price in
each category, at whatever the line will take. With RawBW, is the price
based on what the line will take, or is it an up-to rate? Also, since
the CLEC aspect is the same, is the voice line possible on it for an
additional fee? In any case, RawBW doesn't seem to be providing anything
Fusion isn't, so as I said, the same deal, just higher prices.
Note: I am not trying to recommend Fusion over RawBW at all, but just
pointing out some of the obvious.