[conspire] request recommendation for webcam for Mac G4 PPC - Mac OS 10.4.11

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 10 15:05:56 PDT 2011

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> I've had problems with Weiner anyway.  Forgetting that he is generally
> too libral for me, he has been a stuanch supporter of the DMCA.

Ah, well, I didn't know that -- but hadn't had occasion to look into
particulars, since he's way out of my geographical area.

> Do the bobsy twins know your a closet zionist and will likely make
> sure than all the video software you are likely to provide them has
> been vetted by the Mousad?

Darlene's a friend, and in friendship I'm quite certain I mentioned that
my small smattering of Arabic and my slightly larger grasp of Hebrew
owe in part to my time as a kibbutz volunteer.  (Acquaintance with
Yiddish, on the other hand, owes largely to Leo Rosten and _Mad Magazine_.)

In general, Darlene and other CABAL attendees have grown over the years
aware that my house (and this mailing list) is a hospitable place where
we do not gratuitously alienate others on grounds of politics, and that
all well-behaved people are welcome.

In point of fact, the only people whose behaviour I've been obliged to
stifle at my house, during CABAL meetings, have been people engaging
tiresome and interminable political rants who were nominally on my
'side' on matters of domestic US politics:  In particular, I repeatedly
had to 'STFU, or leave' several people wasting our time with monotonous
criticism of the recent Bush regime.  I blame a lack of basic social
skills, illiteracy about nuance, and poor impulse control combined with
a sanctimonious attitude -- which unfortunately has since the 1970s
become nearly synonymous with 'American'.