[conspire] (forw) Re: Cabal

Tony Godshall tony at of.net
Thu Jul 7 15:27:45 PDT 2011

Hi Dave

Indeed, you'll want to inform anyone who
you would like to help you if your home
network has a static or dynamic (DHCP)
ip address, whether you want to run a web,
mail, ssh, or some other kind of server, and
whether you are hoping to be able to access
it by name (DNS), and if so have signed up
for the appropriate service from a general
domain name vendor (static) or dynamic DNS
vendor (such as dyndns.org), and whether you
understand the above issues well enough to
answer these essential questions.  If not, you
should probably start by reading the relevant
Wikipedia articles, such as

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/DHCP
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Dynamic_DNS

and of course the relevant Rick Moen articles

Tony

Best Regards.
This is unedited.
P-)