[conspire] yet another non related question

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jan 18 14:25:04 PST 2011

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> as you say, i am a first time buyer, and with that, it's not only that price
> is the basis for comparison, i don't know what is it even that could go
> wrong, or cheapen the service, with domain registration. this is where i was
> hoping to get some help, from people who have had some experience.

> it would be nice if, on top of recommending gandi.net, and as you seem
> to understand that i'm new at that, you would state why is it that
> gandi.net is better.

1.  What I actually said was:  'Have had good luck with both Gandi.net
and Joker.com.'

2.  Off the top of my head, rational contract terms, a long-term
record/reputation of not abusing or ripping off domain owners, usable
Web-based administration tools.

By the way, I'm estimating that you can figure out for yourself, without
my needing to lead you by the nose, what's wrong with picking _any_
ongoing service that you expect to use for many years solely on the
basis of promotional first-year-if-you-switch-to-us pricing offers.