[conspire] Browser 'Wars'

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Thu Feb 10 15:26:32 PST 2011

On 02/10/2011 05:21 PM, Paul Zander wrote:
> Ruben,
>
> your reply describes that the web has indeed "changed a lot recently."
>
> The problem is that the change has been what you
> (and many readers of this list) would call a change for the worse.

Well, it hasn't change with regard to what kinds of information and
services that it is  capable of transmitting from computer to computer.
That is, not the web.  Video, Sound, Music, commerce, real time
information, that was all been possible and doable for over a decade.
The difference betwen, say facebook, and shaldot, is minimal.  All that
has happened now is that DRM infestation is being pushed out at people
through crap flash driven 3rd party spywhere on CBS TV and games have
been ported to Flash and Java.

Crap...all crap.

Now I'm going back to play Quake and Crossfire....

Ruben