[conspire] HP Melt Down

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 16:47:52 PDT 2011

>Even as i was typing my my message, I was thinking about the appliance company have a partnership that connected my refrigerator to a particular grocery store and maybe even attempting to place an order.

Oracle is just as likely (if not more so) than HP to implement that kind of technology. Sun was heavily into that type of stuff. Scott McNealy use to talk about it quite a bit in his keynote appearances, about a world where everything is connected with Java and you get an alert when your car's gas tank is low, an alert when your electric razor blades should be replaced, etc.