[conspire] HP Melt Down

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 26 14:47:47 PDT 2011

Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):

> Some might call me old fashioned, but I like things under my control.

Right-o.

About RFID chips, there was a prototype product invented a couple of
years ago that I _seriously_ covet.  It's something battery powered that
you can easily put in your pocket, listens for any and all RFID queries,
and then responds to them, loudly and enthusiastically, with generated
RFID information that is plausible but invented.  Thereby overwhelming
and drowning out any _true_ RFID answers that might be sent by any other
RFID tags you might be carrying, either consciously or not.

Like many other such brilliant ideas, that appeared in Bruce Schneier's
monthly Crypto-Gram newsletter (free, on-line, Web or subscribed e-mail)
and/or blog.