[conspire] OT: Science Fiction, places to start

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 4 02:50:23 PDT 2011

After tonight's SVLUG meeting, we had the regular after-meeting dinner
at Frankie, Johnny, and Luigi's Too.  Yudhvir 'Mehma Sarja' Singh, who
is SVLUG's Meeting Coordinator these days, heard me mention being a Hugo
Award voter and attender of the annual World Science Fiction Conventions
(such as the one in a few weeks in Reno, www.renovationsf.org), and
asked if I could recommend good science fiction for him, as he hasn't
yet read much.

I'm passing along my initial thoughts, for anyone else who might want to
try them.  I'm pretty sure we have every one of these in my bookshelves.

(And no, I really don't mind if others want to continue this off-topic
chatter for a while.)