[conspire] ARC vs SA...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Sep 26 10:25:43 PDT 2010

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> It might well be there is a reason for ARC to run a credit check on their
> volunteers, but i have not heard such and I'm not sure there is one that
> will please me.

Of course, the main point is that, even though it's _interesting_ to try
to determine what their reason is, it's not really the relevant
question.  The relevant question is, given the large number of other
places one can spend one's volunteer hours, does one have a compelling
reason to volunteer at a place where they put you through ridiculous
procedures just to qualify to do them a favour?

I'm willing to go through a fair amount of work and inconvenience to be
paid.  When I'm doing a favour for someone else, such things are far less
easy to justify.

L'hitraot,
Rick M.