[conspire] Idiot waiver demands

Keith Wood kw6 at xmission.com
Sat Sep 25 12:19:46 PDT 2010

In that link to the ARRL article, note the phrase:

"The Red Cross says it's gone to great lengths to ensure prospective
volunteers are not giving out their Social Security numbers to anyone
other than the contractor . . ."

It's the CONTRACTOR that I don't trust!

They are the ones who have the bit about getting any and all information
using the authorization that I give them, AND that they are allowed to
do anything they please with the information.

ARC is only to blame to the extent that they hired the contractor and
went along with this whole idea.

Just because it's a COMPANY doesn't give me reason to give them the keys
to my whole life!

On a related note, I have stopped going to Costco, after a shooting
incident at one of their stores down in the Sharp End (Las Vegas metro).
  Four cops killed a man who was legally armed (CCW), after being called
by a Costco employee, witnesses say the cops are to blame . . .and
Costco says that the the security video is "damaged beyond recovery."

If that guy had shoplifted a roll of Scotch tape, the video would be
used to convict him of armed robbery (steal something while armed and
that's 211), but their employee starts a chain of events leading to
death, and they don't have video . . ?

Yeah, right . . .

Keith R. Wood